黄河艺术团 (YRPA) 成立于 1995年, 是一个致力于通过音乐、歌曲和舞蹈促进美中文化交流的非 营利性组织。由黄河艺术团团长杨左女士领导的中国歌手、艺术家和音乐家自1995年以来, 一直 在促进美中两国之间的文化交流。他们不仅能够吸取美国文化的精华, 同时也能够通过音乐、文 化、舞蹈和武术来表达和传播中国的传统文化。
黄河艺术团于1995年为纪念第二世界大战胜利五十 周年，在芝加哥交响乐厅举行首次演出。这次 演出赢得了美国中西部地区的认可。多年来, 美国文化交流协会都将黄河艺术团评为中西部十强 优秀艺术团之一，以鼓励其积极参加文化交流活动。
黄河艺术团在美国和海外进行了数以百计的演出, 包括中国和斐济。黄河艺术团主要从事中国传 统乐器、舞蹈、功夫、合唱的演出, 并在长期的演出中形成了自己的风格。除了表演之外, 黄河艺 术团在芝加哥地区的许多学院举办过音乐研讨会和教学班。作为2008年北京奥运会赛事的一部分, 杨左团长与巴灵顿高中 (BHS) 合唱团主任合作, 带领 BHS 合唱团30多名男孩和女孩，在2008年 奥运会期间在北京和上海唱歌表演。
黄河艺术团欢迎有志于表演艺术的的人士，无论背景、 文化和经验如何，加入黄河艺术团, 促进 美中文化交流。作为黄河艺术团的一位成员, 你将受益于艺术的熏陶, 表演的酣畅, 朋友的友谊, 成 为中美文化交流中更积极的一位成员。
了演出。如果您希望黄河艺术团为您的组 织活动表演, 请与我们联系。
Established in 1995, Yellow River Performing Arts (YRPA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting cultural exchange between the United States and China through music, song, and dance.
The Chinese singers, artists and musicians led by Mrs. Zuo Yang, the director of YRPA, have been promoting cultural exchange between the U.S. and China for more than twenty years since 1995. They have been able to assimilate to American culture while also being able to express and educate others about their Chinese heritage through music, cultural dance and martial arts.
YRPA held its first performance at Chicago’s Orchestra Hall to commemorate the 50th anniversary of World War II in 1995. This performance won YRPA recognition across the Midwest. For many years, the America Cultural Exchange Association awarded YRPA as one of the top ten outstanding organizations in the Midwest for its active participation in cultural activities.
The group has performed in hundreds of performances across the U.S. and abroad, including China and Fiji. YRPA specializes in traditional Chinese instruments, dance, kung fu, and chorus, adding touches of their own style along the way. In addition to their performances, YRPA also has held music seminars and teaching classes in many colleges in Chicagoland area. As part of Beijing Olympics events in 2008, Director Yang worked together with Barrington High School (BHS) choir director, brought more than 30 boys and girls in BHS choir to sing/perform in Beijing and Shanghai.
YRPA welcomes people of all backgrounds, cultures, and experiences, who are interested in the performing arts, to join the group to promote the cultural exchange between the United States and China. As a part of YRPA, you will benefit from learning the arts, performing, making new friends and being a more active part of the cultural exchange between the United States and China.
YRPA has performed for a variety of groups, schools, municipalities, and corporations. Contact us if you would like YRPA to perform for your special occasion.
YRPA Major Performance and Events include:
• In 1995, "The Yellow River Cantata" held in the Chicago Symphony Hall to commemorate the 50th
anniversary of WWII
•In 1997, A special performance to celebrate the return of Hong Kong and Macao to China
•In 1998, A charity performance to help the victims of the 1998 flood disaster in China as well as to
support the "Yellow River Hope Elementary School" in JiuJiang, China
•In 2001, A choir singing "Songs of China" to honor the 9/11 victims. All profits were donated to the
American Red Cross
•In 2005, "The Yellow River Cantata" to commemorate the 60th anniversary of WWII
• In 2008, As part of Beijing Olympics events in 2008, YRPA brought more than 30 boys and girls in BHS
choir to sing/perform in Beijing and Shanghai.
•In 2010, Celebration supporting the Chicago Bid for 2016 Olympics
• In 2011, Navy Pier Winter Wonder Fest performance in Chicago
• In Jan 2012, Sears Holding Corporation, Hoffman Estates, IL
• In Jan 2017, HSBC, Arlington Height, IL
• In Sep 2017, Great Lake Music Festival “Friendship Last Forever” in Millennium Park, Chicago
• February 17, 2018, in the Chicago Symphony Hall to celebrate the Spring Festival performance,
perform the four-part chorus "Legend", Zheng duo "Mountain Feeling", the Pas de deux "The Tooted
Wind is Moving", female vocal solo "Front Door Emotion for Big Bowl of Tea".
• February 18, 2018, in the Chicago Outlet Shopping Centre to celebrate Spring Festival, perform the
Pas de deux ",”Reluctant Willow" and "The Tooted Wind is Moving," vocal solo "Front Door Emotion for
Big Bowl of Tea", Zheng Solo "Spring Seedling".
• February 22, 2018, in the Chicago Bulls game midfield, perform with other groups to celebrate the
Chinese New Year.
• February 24, 2018 in the celebration of Chinese New Year held by Chicago municipal government at
the Chicago Naval Pier, perform group dance of "Jasmine" and a Pas de deux "The Tooted Wind is
• April 6, 2018, at the 12th session of the Multicultural Festival in Illinois, perform singing and dancing
"Liang Zhu: Chinese Butterfly Lovers".
• April 28, 2018, at the Illinois State celebration of the Schilling Lantern Festival, perform singing and
dancing "Two springs reflect the moon".
• May 11, 2018, at the annual meeting of the Illinois State Hong Kong Association, perform singing and
dancing "Liang Zhu: Chinese Butterfly Lovers".
• May 19, 2018, in Illinois State Celebration Asian Month event, perform Zheng solo "Hong Lake Water,
Wave Beating waves"
• Other performances: Spring Festival, National Day, Mid-Autumn Festival, Chinese New Year, Asian
Pacific Heritage Month